In addition to in-person visits, our 供应商 offer convenient virtual telehealth visits. Often saving you time and money, you can see your provider from the comfort of your own home. Many patients prefer using their computer or smartphone to talk directly to their primary care provider or specialist without traveling or sitting in a waiting room.
Some medical problems are best assessed and treated in person, we can help you decide which type of appointment is right for your needs.
How can I make an appointment for a virtual visit?
安排预约, you can contact your provider’s office the same as you would for an in-person office visit. Our operators can connect you to any department when you call 603-354-5400 或者用我们的电话号码.
Specialty medicine virtual visits
Most of our specialists in departments such as 心脏病学, 神经学, 整形外科, 风湿病学 find virtual visits work well for an initial consultation and follow-up visits. If you live over 20 minutes from 基恩, specialists can request lab work, x射线, other tests to be done at a location closer to you. This allows patients in rural areas to receive specialty care from both Cheshire and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics physicians with minimal travel.
While you can call these departments directly to make an appointment, most insurance companies require you to ask your primary care provider to give you a referral
How do I get an urgent virtual visit?
的 紧急初级保健访问 供应商
What do I need to know to have a successful virtual visit?
- 我们现在使用流行的free 变焦 虚拟参观App. Please download the 变焦 app if you don't already have it on your computer or device.
- 的 link to your virtual visit will be available in your myD-H患者门户.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics has helpful web pages about:
What if I have trouble or need assistance?
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics has a dedicated technical support line to help you.
呼叫 1-888-353-3462, Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm for assistance.
Why would I want a Virtual Visit?
- 方便: virtual visits save you time and money related to travel. 的 average American uses 3 hours of their day to attend a 25-minute in-person visit, which often includes taking time off work, 得到照顾孩子, or arranging for transportation.
- 下雪天要当心: Don't miss your appointment due to dangerous driving conditions. Changing an existing appointment to a virtual visit ahead of bad weather means you don’t have to choose between getting the care you need and staying safe.
- 让家庭成员参与: Do you want your spouse to attend your appointment without them taking time off work, or include a child who lives out of state? You can invite family members and caretakers to your virtual visits via 变焦.
- Save your energy for recovery: If you're sick, avoid getting up and going out for an appointment. Virtual visits allow you to get professional recommendations from the comfort of your home.
- 阻止病毒传播: If you may have COVID-19 or flu, staying isolated in your home is the best way to keep others safe. A virtual visit allows our 供应商 to safely assess your symptoms, 安排测试, arrange for in-person care if necessary.
Will my insurance cover a virtual visit?
Since the COVID-19 health crisis began, most insurance companies now cover virtual visits, so call your insurance company to learn about your health coverage.